Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Snow Flurries with China Glaze Cracked Nail Polish

Hi again! :D So lets face it, living in sunny southern California means we don't really get the good old white Christmas weather. Which is really nice 9 times out of 10 but, sometimes I just want to experience the magic of the first snow fall too! And since I'm way too busy to indulge myself and drive up to the mountains here is a quick fix for my cold weather craving.

Snowy Manicure!

This can double as a Chanukah manicure as well, since the color combo inadvertently turned out to match. :D Woohoo ~ bonus points. Its a two-in-one deal.

I used two new lacquers by China Glaze for this mani. The base is China Glaze – Blue Year's Eve and the cracked polish is their Oxidized Aqua. I picked up these polishes from Ulta, since they were having a buy 2 get one free deal and was dying to try them out.

Blue Year's Eve is such a lovely, sparkly colbalt blue color. Its not too dark and reminds me a lot of my Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear in Blue it.

Oxidized Aqua, which looks more silvery than blue when juxtaposed with this sapphire color, is also super gorgeous!!! I'm so picky about these crackled polishes it is kinda ridiculous. I love they way they look but, only a few actually crackle to my liking and this is definitely one of them. <3 Super easy to put on with a great crackle effect :D

Finally, since I'm such a spazz I had to try stamping some snowflakes on to get the full effect. They're a little hard to see but are sneakily there on my thumb and ring fingertips. :P I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Whirlwind white, the best white to stamp with IMO, with Konad plate m59.

So whether the weather be snowy, sunny or whirlwinds hope this brought you a little more season spirits!

2 comments:

  1. OHHH i really like this!! very festive! love it!!! do mine do mine!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparkly-pants bunny! Why don't they have a bunny stamp? Then you could have a "signature" default nail look. Like a brand. A bunny brand! Muwhahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete